Bob Steele update

        At the end of his first-Saturday-of-the-month program the other day
on WTIC (AM), Bob Steele said he would be back on the first Saturday of
March, after his winter hiatus. At around age 88, he takes the winter off
so he won't face the possibility of having to drive in before dawn in the
middle of a snowstorm.
         Inquiring minds want to know why he doesn't just hire a driver,
but that's another thread, I guess. I think he really goes to Florida, but
doesn't want to admit that he'd actually skip out like that. Hell, in
Connecticut, the DOT would send a plow truck to his house to give him a
ride as a courtesy and the driver would be doing that bowing and "I am not
worthy" routine <g>.

        So, another prediction--that this season might be the end for Mr.
Steele on the radio--was wrong. Said prediction was made, of course, by
some unknown perpetrator who broke into my e-mail and posted a message here
using my name <g>.