Re: My radio died / my boss quit

>John Bolduc wrote:
<snip>
>getting the GE SuperRadio ready to occupy the passengers seat

        Help, I'm having a flashback. I had to drive from Virginia back to
Conn. this summer with my SR on my knee like that after my fancy Sony
aftermarket radio died much too young (two months after the 12-month
warranty expired). The long FM antenna on the SR will see you through
pretty good, but for AM you'll get very bad reception. You could try
temporarily rigging some sort of external antenna or even use the car
antenna, I guess, which I never did.
        As far as a new radio goes, junkyards have piles of them
(literally) real cheap. For aftermarket, I still like Sony (believe it or
not) and am going to get another one. I have a borrowed Kenwood in there
now and both AM and FM are not quite as good as the Sony on receiving
stations and the audio quality is definitely not as good, even though it's
in the same price bracket.