Re: WDIA/730 & 1070 kHz (Was Re: "all-girl" radio)

My reference to unprecedented was to an AM station going
all at once from 250W-D to 50 kW-U (well, it was only 5
kW at night). I don't think that any station had gone
from the puniest facilities then authorized (I guess a
few 100W stations still existed back then, but they were
full-timers or share-timers) to (almost) the most
powerful. I also believe that whatever station took over
730 in the Memphis area from WDIA did not do so as soon
as WDIA changed frequencies.