Re: CBS covers the news big-time

I guess the difference between Maine and Boston is that the Boston stations
considered the crash a local story because the crash was off the
Massachusetts coast.  I would think most local stations would go wall to wall
with coverage if there was a major plane crash in their viewing area.  Not
doing so in this case would have seemed odd considering the coverage the
Boston stations gave to the JFK Jr. crash this summer.

-- Dan Billings, Bowdoinham, Maine

In a message dated 11/1/99 11:29:38 PM Eastern Standard Time,