Perfect Paul on radio?

I was listening to WNBZ (AM 1240) in Saranac Lake
earlier this month, and they seemed to be
voice-tracked during a Sunday afternoon.  As I
listened, before the weather, they would have the
temperature given by something that sounded like the
Perfect Paul on NWS Weather Radio.  It said
"Temperature 54".

Is this system used on many radio stations, and what
system is it?  I'm surprised more big city stations
don't use it.

Ron Gitschier from Florida says hello to everyone on
Boston-Radio-Interest, as he is away at sea with the
Navy (and sent me a postcard).  Ron frequently
inhabits the Boston-Radio-Interest mailing list.

Gavin Burt
Albany, New York

=====