Re: Brown's WBRU for sale?

On Sun, 17 Oct 1999, Chris Beckwith wrote:

> Is this possibly a variation on the AMFM sale "announcement" that appeared
> in Broadcasting & Cable earlier this year?

I asked my contact that question, and he said no. Rather, what he told me
was that someone at Brown is unhappy with WBRU's programming being
associated with the university, perhaps because of complaints from alumni.
This came to light in the course of a discussion we were having concerning
programming practices at another station at a different university.

Rob Landry
umar@nerodia.wcrb.com