Re: Tropo (is it still going on?)

On 10 Oct 99,  Rob Landry wrote:

> > Would keeping the FM whip folded down (or even removing it completely)
> > to get the radio to work on that station only work?
>
> Sometimes it does; it depends on the radio, the degree to which it is
> being overloaded, and the strength of the WCRB signal at that location.

I do something similar with a radio I have here in Brookline that is
subject to overloading.   Instead of the usual Dipole antenna, I just have
a short length of twin-lead connected to the antenna terminals.  That
seems to prevent the overload that I was getting from stations at FM128.

 A. Joseph Ross, J.D.                                 617.367.0468
 15 Court Square                             lawyer@world.std.com
 Boston, MA 02108-2503              http://world.std.com/~lawyer/