WORC-FM

Maybe Sid Schweiger can sort this one out comprehensively, but
here's what I've pieced together:

The 98.9A (255A) channel is no longer allocated to Webster; that is,
the table of allocations has been changed to put the channel in
Spencer instead of Webster.

When that happened
<http://www.fcc.gov/Bureaus/Mass_Media/Orders/1999/da990240.txt>,
the FCC included the following text in their order:

7.  IT IS FURTHER ORDERED, That pursuant to Section 316(a) of the
Communications Act
 of 1934, as amended, the license for Station WXXW, Webster,
Massachusetts, IS MODIFIED to
 specify operation at Spencer, Massachusetts, in lieu of Webster,
Massachusetts, subject to the
 following conditions:

a) Within 90 days of the effective date of this Order,
          the licensee shall file with the Commission a minor
          change application for construction permit (Form
          301), specifying the new facility;

Such an application was never filed.

I have no idea what this actually means from the FCC's point of view,
though I do know that the Spencer 255A allocation is listed as
"VACANT" in the database.  Wonder what would happen if someone
applied?

-s