Re: WCAV-97.7

ebradio wrote,

> Has anyone noticed that WCAV / Brockton is running the transmitter
> but not modulating over the past several days?  There was an exception
> on Monday, when I heard them playing an entire CD, only.  Other than
> that, it's been dead air.  Could this be the intermediate point from
> Country to Soul/Urban?

Not even the required, top-of-the-hour LEGAL ID.  Isn't this an FCC
no-no?
Before they started running the "Common Thread" CD for fourteen hours
straight Monday afteroon-night, you *could* hear the WW1 feed (and local
cart inserts) *real* low, if you turned the volume way up--but not
anymore.
Why didn't they just keep running WW1 until they were ready (contract
expired at end of Sept, maybe?), or even that inane "T-minus: 3 hours,
45 minutes, 12 seconds..." robot tape?

     ~Kaimbridge~