Start of FM band

I was rightlfully corrected a couple of years ago when I also stated that the FM
broadcast band began at 88.1 MHz. It begins at 87.9 MHz (Channel 200). The
reason why there are no FM stations on 87.9 MHz, they don't meet the special
spacing requirements to squeeze a FM broadcast band station in adjacent channel
to TV channel 6 (except maybe in the deep remotes of Alaska, where channel
selection is wide open).

John

Subject:  Re: 87.7 FM in Portland,ME & WCSH NEWS

right on the edge of the "standard FM band",