Re: WABC air console

At 12:15 AM 9/17/99 EDT, Jibguy@aol.com wrote:
>THAT must have been done AFTER Scott Muni played "I Will Follow Him" by
>Little Peggy March one night, and the cart came to a slow death on the air.
>It was the day after that song fell from #1 on the charts to #2.

WABC used carts for music as early as 1963?  It must have been a
nightmare...cart machines of that era were pretty finicky.  Maybe Roger
Kirk can answer this one...when did WRKO start using carts for music?  I'd
thought as early as '68 or so, but I've come across some airchecks from as
recent as 1971 where they were definitely playing vinyl (skips, scratches,
cue burn, etc).  Was there anyone else using carts for music in the 60s?