Re: Neighbors, at the tone...

Martin writes:
The WTIC signal takes so long it's sometimes
> still running over the first note or two of the news intro. when
they're a
> fraction of a second out of synch with the net time.

I think it also depends upon where within the air chain the tone
oscillator/generator lies as well as the audio output level of the
tone source.  WCAP's was (not currently) pointing to the STL in
parallel to the processing (when only peak limiting was at the shack).
The tone was too hot, so it banged a solid ~ 120%.  If listening at a
great distance, you could hear the legal ID in static, then a clear as
a bell TONE through all.

Bill O'Neill