Welcome, but...speak up, Marj!

Just tuned to FM Talk 96.9 to ?hear Marjorie Egan of the Herald,
likely to be the Monday incarnation of the 10-noon gig.  Only problem
is not what she's saying, but the -7 dB modulation!  Am I the only one
curious as to why the station hasn't realigned their processing to
serve voice audio?  I'm listening on a RatShak MTA-12 table radio -
your very basic mono job (If it's stolen from my office, I can just go
buy another one.)  The radio is great in that it is very forgiving.
But, it's having a hard time competing with ambient noise like A/C,
paging, etc.

Bill <whussat?> O'Neill