Re: FM Talk 96.9

Jibguy wrote:

> Finally, I heard the "ID" for 96.9..... well, I heard the City of License
> anyway.   Incredible ID....    the most hidden call letters I have ever
> heard on radio.  Even if one plays it back 15 times, one will STILL not be
> able to decypher W-S-J-Z from it.

I found it is more audible on some radios than others.  There are
some radios where I can clearly make out the call letters and
others where I swear they aren't there at all.

I can remember a WAAF ID in the 80's where they grudgingly had
to recut it after realizing that "Worcester" was completely garbled
in the middle of "WAAF worcesterBOSTON."

The first time I ever heard this being done was the top of the hour
jingle for "WGNG (Pawtucket) Rhode Island."  I wonder if they
really the first to bury an unwanted part of the ID.

Of course, "CKLW, The Motor City" never had to mention their
hidden city of license at all.

Mark Laurence
laurence@sprintmail.com