NAC really didn't have much of a chance in Boston

- ----------
> From: Dave Markson <dmarkson@att.net>
> To: 'Movie Man' <movieman@shore.net>; 'Bump Martin'
<LJNF40C@prodigy.com>; boston-radio-

Dave & group:
Was glad to see your comments about the format, NAC/SJ.

I am a smooth jazz fan too, although there are other types of
music I also enjoy.

Anyway, it's obvious when these NAC stations drop the format
that in most cases, the station owner has given up on what can
be a very steady, lucrative format.  It takes a long time to grow
the station's core audience, but when mature, NAC's listeners
are very loyal.

Several NACs around the US do VERY, VERY well in 25-54
adults....many in their markets top 10: KTWV/LA, KOAI/Dallas,
WVMV/Detroit, the strong Philadelphia and San Fransisco
NAC's (calls escape me at this moment), and in my home
market: WNWV serving Cleveland.

In fact, KTWV was in the top 10 for 1998 in ad revenue. Now,
that's not a nitche format's billing.