Re: FM Talk 96.9

There are very few "left-wing" talk hosts on the air. The main complaint that
I have heard from progamming depts. about these types of hosts is that they
aren't funny and are too serious. I have always found that to be an excuse to
keep from giving equal time. But I guess it isn't as funny making fun of CEOs
who put whole towns out of work as it is welfare moms and illegal aliens.

I know the people from Fairness and Accuracy In Reporting (FAIR) do a weekly
syndicated taped show on very small community stations. Then there is
Pacifica on a few stations nationwide. Those outlets are both pretty
leftwing.There are a few left of center/populists shows like Jim HIghtower's
"Chat & Chew". When Leykis was on RKO, he did a great show and talked about
real issues instead of all that sex stuff. Then there are bunch of centrists
Democratic hosts like Lynn Samuels, Michael Jackson, Alan Colmes, etc., but
none of them are "left wing" per se, IMHO.