Re: EAS(y)...not...

>I'd love to see the regs. that point to a program crash!  In the era
>of laxity, it doesn't compute.  EAS was intended to better EBS.

May not compute, but it is the reality.  When one of the stations being
monitored (and in this region, stations are required to monitor WBMX,
WBZ, and NOAA weather radio) runs their Required Monthly Test, it is
supposed to interrupt all other programming.  In this era of automated
stations, why shouldn't EAS be similarly designed to be completely
automated as well?  (Don't answer that...)

We just went through a review of our EAS procedures at WMBR, and had
to get our equipment set up to run this way.  Nobody's fond of it, but
that's the way the it is, like it or not.

- -Shawn Mamros
E-mail to: mamros@mit.edu