Re: 96.9 audio sounds awful

Gary writes:

> Sounds like the audio chain at "FM Talk" hasn't been changed from
the music
> settings yet.  Lots of hissing on the letter "S", popping on "p"'s -
> almost thought that either my radio or their STL was slightly off
frequency.
> Caller audio starts out WAY too hot.  A lot of tweaking is needed.

I was expoecting that techs would have cranked the processing to meet
the demands of talk audio _before_ the big intro.  What is pre-proc.
talk averaging... 35-60 % average modulation?  I am also surprised to
see that as of 10:39, a caller is feeding back to the chain - live, no
apparant delay on the line.  What's that cost?  Interesting.  By the
way, just how much is GM paying for Imus in the Morning?

On balance, I am glad to see the station here.  Great to see an FM
talker in a talk town like Boston.  I guess, I am surprised to witness
"bricks and mortar" glitches and feel for the talent!

Bill O'Neill