Re: WSJZ Smooth Jazz

>Mike wrote:
>Well for one, Unwelcome by me! I am very disappointed
>to see the station drop Jazz for Talk. I think it is
>a huge waste of a large and great sounding FM signal.
<snip>

        If you mean that the idea of using an FM signal for something other
than music is a "waste", I disagree. And also I'd say'd we all need to get
used to it. It's sort of like opposing the law of gravity. Go ahead, but I
doubt you'll get it changed. It's inevitable that some of the FM stations
falling all over each other in every major market with slight variations on
the same music format or running music formats that get too small a
micro-share of the audience or the "wrong" micro-share will start to do
non-music formats. It's another coffin nail for AM (but that's another
topic). But it's actually a short-term thing we've been through for the
last 20 years or so where FM has been almost all music formats and AM has
had all the non-music formats. Twenty-five years ago and more, on AM you'd
get every sort of format then in use--top 40, classical music, all news,
talk, etc. Now FM is starting to move that way, the biggest markets
changing first.