mre about airborne radio traffic reports?

A couple of months ago, Marty asked about airborne traffic reports--
 >        Does anyone know when WHDH started them? My first recollection is
in the
 >early '60s with Kevin O'Keefe and the "Skyway Patrol." I think they used a
 >helicopter. I don't know if he was their original traffic reporter.

then I wrote--
 >This comes from an article in the Boston Globe of  23 Sept. 1981:
 >"Kevin O'Keefe of WEEI is the veteran traffic monitor in Boston. A former
                   >radio disc jockey and television newscaster, O'Keefe
started in the WHDH
                   >traffic helicopter in 1963, taking over from Bruce
Talford, who originated the
                   >job for WHDH in 1961. O'Keefe shifted to WEEI in 1974,
when it became
                   >an all- news station..."

BUT--- I just found a news clipping that was quite interesting to me.  From
Variety, 25 June 1958 (!)  It says, "John Burns of WEZE now doing airborne
traffic reports from a plane."  Does this ring any bells with anyone?  It
certainly places airborne traffic reporting before Bruce Talford did it in
1961-- in every article I had read till I found the Variety clipping, Bruce
was usually the person credited with being the first to do traffic from the
sky... I had no idea WEZE was doing anything like that in 1958...