Re: WDRC-FM playlist (Was Re: Wide-open FM reception in CT)

<Howard Glazer wrote:
<snip>
>What was "the rest"? "Earth Angel"? "Blue Moon"? "Little Darlin'" "Duke
>of Earl" (a '60s song in '50s style)? That's all the doowop-type stuff
>I've heard on 'DRC for years, and they're still playing it. What songs
>have you noticed missing?

        I don't know whether particular songs have been trashed, so I may
have stated it unclearly. I just mean that the mix seems different--IMO, a
lot less '50s. So, then I presume that means they've trimmed the list of
50s songs that they use, although they could be just using them all less
frequently. One way or another, they're playing less of something to make
room for the new material.

<And, seeing the recent performance of Hartford's classic rocker, WHCN,
>maybe they figure that adding "Layla" would be sure ratings death. I
>hope so.

        We may have a problem here <g>. Layla is one of my all-time
favorite radio songs, except for the unplugged acoustic version, which is
one of my least favorite all-time songs. IMNSHO, if Clapton wants to play
an acoustic version of something from "Layla," he should wise up and try
"Thorn Tree in the Garden."