Re: The fate of talk....

> If so, there's a real disconnect between Carr the talk host and Carr
the
> columnist.  Read the Herald lately?  He's beating on the Cellucci
> administration big time for its creeping cronyism.
>
> Take care,
>
> Chris

The very thing that made Carr attractive as a talker was his keen
observations and wit as a columnist, particularly his talent at
keeping "hacks" and "pols" on their toes.  Carr's early guest shots
with Williams, as well as "the Governors" bit with Barbara Anderson
were good reasons to listen.  With Carr's program in syndication
(especially in Seattle) he has to avoid the very thing that is,
essentially, his signature to many Greater Bostonians.  To his credit,
however, he keeps the calls moving.  And even with the more banal and
distasteful of topics, he sometimes succeeds at making me think he's
being put up to it.  As for his avoiding Blute, et.al, on the radio
side, I have a hard time believing he's covering for Cellucci just to
keep him on the bat phone.  Seriously doubt that.

Bill O'Neill