Re: Radio Free Vermont's "address"

On 15 Aug 99,  mike778707@wjbqmail.com wrote:

> 96.7 is WTSA right there in Brattleboro.

That would explain why it was so strong, even when my radio was set on
96.5.

I was back in Amherst today and heard WTTT simulcasting WRNX.  They have
an automated legal ID on the hour, since apparently they don't want WRNX
listeners to know that the programming is also on WTTT.  Of course if you
listen to WTTT, the legal ID is the only reason that you wouldn't think
you were listening to WRNX.

Incidentally, WRNX has a good slogan.  They say, "We play the same music
as the classic rock stations, but we play them ten years sooner!"

I also heard Ken Mozakowski's political program on WMUA for the first time
- -- sitting in the control room next to him.  Before that, as I was driving
in to Amherst, I heard the previous program, in which the female host said
that she had been to the original Woodstock.  This was interesting, and I
met her when I arrived at the station.  She was never a student, but as a
community member has been doing a program of women's music on WMUA.
Especially during the summer, I suppose non-students are needed to keep
the station going.

And finally, while driving home this afternoon, I was listening to WBZ for
awhile and heard someone call in who identified herself as Donna and
sounded just like our Donna.  If it wasn't our Donna, it was a pretty good
immitation.

 A.Joseph Ross, J.D.                                 617.367.0468
 15 Court Square                             lawyer@world.std.com
 Boston, MA 02108-2503              http://world.std.com/~lawyer/