Re: imus to land on wsjz

I've always felt that the problem is that they make a half hearted attempt
at smooth jazz.  If you listen to a typical hour there's about a 0/0 mix of
smooth jazz with AC Vocals.  Sometimes the station sounds too much like its
sister WMJX.

In other markets NAC (smooth jazz) has done well but if you listen to the
stations (by internet or in person) you don't get a constant feeding of
Madonna, Janet Jackson and Kenny G. once an hour.  Check out WLVE 94.5 Fort
Lauderdale (available on the web) or CD101 in NYC and you'll hear the
difference.

At 02:27 PM 8/11/99 -0700, Larry Weil wrote:

>--- Marc Lemay <mmkc@email.msn.com> wrote:
> > As for the future of Jazz (coming from both an
> > Imus fan and a Jazz fan...)
> > I'll be very disappointed if Boston once again
> > looses a jazz station.  You
> > would think that the previous experiments with
> > Jazz would have showed that
> > jazz is not a high rated format in Boston.
>
>Really.  I think the history si that the so-called
>"smooth jazz" format is a looser in Boston, but real
>jazz such as heard on several public stations (WERS
>and WGBH among others) as well as some Sunday
>morning  programs like the one on WFNX, has a quite
>a strong following.  Boston jazz fans are just too
>sophisticated to accept anything but the real thing.
>

>===
>Larry Weil
>Lake Wobegone, NH

Brian Vita, President
Cinema Service & Supply, Inc.
75 Walnut St.
Peabody, MA  01960-5626  USA
Sales & Service ->(800)231-8849 US & Canada
Sales & Service Fax ->(800)329-2775
Business Office -> (978)538-7575
Business Fax -> (978)538-7550

***Visit Our Web Site at www.cssinc.com***
Check out our new online webstore for cinema supplies!
CSS, Inc. is a proud member of ITEA & NSCA