Gerry Harrison's son appears!

Was I delighted to receive this e-mail!!!

Stan wrote--

 > My father, Gerald Harrison, was a founder of WLEX,
 >WLEY, WLLH, WLLH-s, WLLH-FM, and WMAS, and WMAS-fm.
  > Here is my recollection of some of that history. I would like to find
 >out more.  G.H. was best friend and as I understand, partner with Carl
 >Wheeler since the 20's.   [snip]

When I met Eunice Randall's niece and got the chance to go to her home (her
niece idolised her and was so happy to share photos and letters and such);
when I recently found the home of the late great Irving Vermilya and talked
to his grandsons (who respect his  illustrious radio career but do not have
especially fond personal memories of him)--  this really made some of these
pioneers more alive for me.  Now, out of nowhere, Gerry Harrison's son
turns up-- Gerry was indeed a pioneer, not just as a broadcaster but in
radio sports-- he was one of the first wrestling announcers (and possibly
the first in New England-- I have him doing wrestling matches on air as
early as 1927-8).   I wonder if his son knows that the late Carl Wheeler
(his business partner) was at one time a pro wrestler, but he gave it all
up to do radio...

Anyway, Gerry Harrison had a long career-- first with WLEX and then with
the Yankee Network and John Shepard 3rd, and then with several Yankee
affiliates.  Gerry's wedding was broadcast, I do believe-- he had met his
wife Janet while working for WLEX-- she was a vocalist and he announced her
songs... ultimately, they fell in love and both ended up being hired by
Shepard... ah the stories I will be able to tell their son.  It's times
like that when I am glad I do all this research into the lives of Boston's
radio pioneers.  Anyway, I will let you know what memorabilia and
information Stan has.  I already sent him information about the early
mechanical TV experiments with W1XAY in 1928-9, but I am saving the clips
about wrestling for later!