Re: IMUS to WROR?

At 08:31 AM 8/5/99 -0400, Kevin Vahey wrote:
>With the sudden surge in numbers at WBOS, including the strongest numbers
>yet in the AM, and WROR going nowhere fast, it is very possible that WROR
>may be the station flipped to a "talk format".  ROR has dropped from 6th to
>12th in the spring book, Loren and Wally now trail Jeff Katz in the
>AM....meanwhile Robin Young has climbed from oblivion to 9th in the same
>book.

Sounds like a fluke to me.  It seems a bit odd that all of a sudden while
doing the same old same old they suddenly appear in the ratings.  Isn't it
one of those unwritten laws that a station that switches format always has
their best book ever in the last book of the old format?

What is it with Greater Boston group anyway...why (with the exception of
WMJX) are their stations such dogs?