Re: Here come the second guesses

In a message dated 8/5/99 3:02:28 AM Eastern Daylight Time, Chuckigo@aol.com
writes:

<< Dean Johnson's Boston Herald column today pretty much sums it all up...

 that would be... don't report it until it's happened. >>

now that i got that off my chest... let me first say that i understand the
role of a "columnist".  a chance to mix up facts with what has been
stipulated as "expert opinion".   i respect Dean's right to opinions, as much
i respect those of you here on the list.  and to be frank, there is better
insight from the cross-section of real radio listeners on this list than i
find in any of the columns locally (either Herald or Globe).  but i'm failing
to see what Dean is doing in today's column.  he's already boxed up and
readied the burial plot for several radio professionals in this town,
including the crew at WBOS.  Now, it's almost like "Let's wait and see...".
<sarcasm on>* so is today's interpretation his way of hedging his bet?  maybe
putting a "c.y.a." chit in the magical mayonaise jar on his front porch?  or
did the "Magic 8 Ball" come up "Reply Hazy. Try Again"?  <sarcasm off>*

*(apologies and royalty check in the mail to Bill O)

chuck igo