Re: WGOD, etc.

Many other countries don't assign callsigns to
> broadcasters at all, any some that do, like Australia and New
Zealand,
> don't issue international ones to domestic stations.
>
> -GAWollman

Australia calls generally start with a number to correspond with the
province within which its COL is located.  New South Wales is "2",
e.g. 2DAY Sydney (104.1).  Typically, if not in all cases, AMs have
two letter calls, with FMs three letter calls.  e.g. 2JJ Sydney and
2JJJ Sydney.  Sounds almost too civilized.  Or should I say,
"civilised."  (Thanks to my sister who has resided there for the past
12 yrs.)

Bill O'Neill