STE....REO (was: NorthEast Radio Watch 7/16: WZEN)

> Oldies 103.3 played the Stereo mix of
> Mack The Knife (Bobby Darin) last
> week.  It sounds so wretched.
>
> Roger Kirk
> rogerkirk@usa.net

<reminisce ON> One weekend night shift at the former Wish 99.5 WSSH
(whisper) Lowell (speak) Boston, I put on the headphones when the
Mama's & Papa's "Monday Monday" was playing.  It was the "new" CD
release.  The L/R split was so wide, I could feel my face stretching
from one side of the room to the other.  Not an attractive moment
according to the cleaning service that was there at the time.  The
AKGs never fit quite right after that either, come to think of it.
Not sure if that was the intent of the mix.  I never got to compare
the original vinyl version to the remastered one.  (As if could have
lived to talk about it.  Sure.)

Great      ....   song, none   ....    theless.

Bill O'Neill