Re: 96.9

<<On Fri, 25 Jun 1999 22:59:36 -0400, SteveOrdinetz <steveord@xtdl.com> said:

> Are they directional?  Of the Boston Class B's, those 2 have the worst
> signals here in N.H. too.

92.9 is short-spaced to Burlington (WEZF), Portland (WMGX), and
Springfield (WHYN-FM), but not Wilkes-Barre (WMGS).  That's why it has
a good signal into parts of Connecticut.  (There are allegedly some
locations in the Litchfield Hills which get Burlington on the north
side and Wilkes-Barre on the south....)

I don't think 96.9 is short-spaced to anything -- the nearest
full-power 96.9s to the north are CKOI in Montreal and WBPW in Presque
Isle.  To the west, it's Arlington (a class-A in the Hudson Valley)
and Utica.  Before the Arlington drop-in, it would have been a good
200 miles from the nearest co-channel.

This difference explains why 96.9 was able to move to the Pru but 92.9
is permanently fixed in its current location (unless the rules should
change).

- -GAWollman

- --