Re: WBOS / Arnie Ginsburg / 1957 (Was Re: 1957)

Marty wrote--
>        Is 1957 also the year that the Richmonds flipped WMEX to top 40 and
>hired Arnie Ginsburg from WBOS? If not 1957, then '56 or '58? That
>certainly was a milestone in Boston radio.

1957?  Not as far as I know.  The Richmonds purchased WMEX in late August
of 57 and didn't take control till September.  They kept Jay McMasters, and
killed the Theatre of Beautiful Music (or whatever else WMEX was running by
then).  They slowly moved towards top 40.  But Arnie remained at WBOS till
sometime in 1958, as I recall.