Re: CHR's resurgence? Let's hope so!

On Fri, 18 Jun 1999 21:32:16 -0400 "Tim Davisson" <timdav@bright.net>
writes:

>A person my age (50) is not supposed to like current music....but, of
>late...I like much
>of it.  What I don't like is most rap and metal (what's left), and
>Cher's pathetic yet successful tunes.
>
>I'm rambling (sorry)....so, what's my point? CHR radio tends to be
>heavily current/re-current. CHR radio can and should be fast-paced, fun
to listen >to, and fresh. Even the jocks!  If  current CHR music has a
>rebirth/resurgence....that's great for radio in general.

Agreed.  I got to listen to my fav WBMX yesterday (they don't come in
here in Western MA, and Uncle Mel does believe in webcasting) but I
thought they sounded good.  Enthusiastic, interacting with listeners a
lot, and a rather eclectic music selection (for a major market,
mainstream CBS owned station.)

Rick Kelly