Re: WEEI

Actually, I've heard rumors that Entercom may not renew the contract for
Imus when it runs out next month, citing expense versus diminishing
ratings.  If this comes to pass, would Dale and Eddie move to mornings,
and Dennis and Callihan extend their shift till 2PM?

Also, where would Imus wind up in Boston, if anywhere at all?  I think it
would be stupid for WEEI to drop the I-man, since he generates a lot of
revenue which I'm sure will go elsewhere if EEI dumps the program.  If
that happens, I'd bet Imus would wind up on WODS, since the morning show
there hasn't taken hold and WODS targets the same demos as Imus.  With
Charles on ZLX, and BZ doing just fine as is, it's the only Infinity
station in the market that could take the show.

Mike Thomas
WXLO & Mediabase 24/7