Re: changes in 50s radio-- more answers

At 01:11 AM 6/14/99 -0400, you wrote:

>WORL did indeed move to 330 Stuart sometime in the early 60s...  As for
>WILD, when it was known as WBMS in the early 50s, it was in the late
>lamented Hotel Shelton.  When Bartell bought it and changed its calls in
>1957, the station moved to Kenmore Square to the Hotel Somerset, and I do
>recall the visiting those studios...  I think the address was 390
>Commonwealth Ave, or something like that... (Dan, I am not trying to make
>you wrong on any of this-- maybe they had other studios???)   After the
>Hotel Somerset, I believe they moved to their current location on Warren
>Street...

You are probably right about 705 Beacon. As for WILD, yes the studios were
on the roof of a residential hotel on Commonwealth Ave between Mass Ave and
Kenmore Sq. (I once visited Stan Richards there.) I thought it was the Hotel
Somerset but you could be right that it was the Hotel Shelton. I think that
the address was 390 Commonwealth.

(617) 558-4205; Fax (617) 928-4205