Re: WNNW/WHAV...ever in English?

On 10 Jun 99,  BUMP MARTIN wrote:

> Does anyone know if WHAV(1490) or WNNW(1110) ever broadcast anything in
> English?  Or are they totally Spanish?

Do they do legal IDs in English or Spanish?  This question comes to mind
because last night, for the first time, I remembered to listen to the
Yiddish hour on WUNR.  And at the top of the hour, they said, "Dos iz
WUNR, toizent sex hundert AM in Brookline."

Of course, since Yiddish uses the Hebrew alphabet, they used the English
names of the Roman letters.  But just after that, a French program came
on, and I heard them giving various stations on which French programming
could be heard, using the French names of the call letters.

Is there any FCC regulation requiring a legal ID to be in English?
 A.Joseph Ross, J.D.                                 617.367.0468
 15 Court Square                             lawyer@world.std.com
 Boston, MA 02108-2503              http://world.std.com/~lawyer/