Re:WNAC WEZE, P.S.

Kevin wrote:
>One thing I am still not clear on....how did WLAW pull off getting the 50K
>signal being based in Lawrence. Looking at this 50 years later, it looked
>like the fix was in.

The Eagle-Tribune was a very solid operation, with money to spend, but when
the station took to the air, it was NOT at 50,000 w.  In fact, it went on
the air in 1937 with 1,000 watts.  I am sure that the Rogers family lobbied
the FCC, saying no signals from Boston got into their area clearly... and
WLAW's affiliation as a key station of the ABC Radio Network probably
helped too...