Re: AM band question

At 01:18 PM 5/31/99 -0400, you wrote:
>Dan writes:
>I can't recall the fellow's name at the
>> moment (Patrick <something>) but I can look it up if you're
>interested. The
>> author is not an engineer and I've found several errors in the text,
>but if
>> you can overlook those, it's a nice illustrated treatment of AM
>transmitting
>> antennas.
>>
>> -------------------------------
>> Dan Strassberg
>
>As always, thanks for taking the time, Dan.  I'd be interested in the
>book referenced (as I'm sure would others.)
>
>Bill O'Neill

Well, Bill, I have good news and bad news. I found Patrick M Griffith's last
name (and middle initial). In the book, I found the name of the town in
which he apparently lives and the Zip Code: Federal Heights, CA 80221. I
also think that I remember his Ham calls, N0NNK. I have the ISBN of the book
0-7392-0085-2 and the Library of Congress catalog number 98-93568. The name
of the book is AM Broadcast Station Antenna Systems: a Basic Guide. But what
I don't have is Griffith's address (either for surface mail or e-mail). If
you're interested enough, you might be able to get the address from the
engineer who wrote the introduction to the book. (He sells more technical
books that he wrote himself. I bought one.) HIS address IS in Griffith's
book, but Griffith's is not (go figure). Jack Layton, Layton Technical
Services, 134 Lakeview Dr, McMurray, PA 15317-2733. You might also try
looking up Griffith's e-mail address on a Web people-search engine. I think
there's one at Yahoo.com. I paid $15.00, but that was the "pre-publication
special" price. I imagine that now, the book costs $20.00 or maybe more.
Maybe Layton is selling them. If so, and you want the book, you won't have
to search further. Good luck. If you find out how to buy the book, please
post the information for the many members of the group who are just dying to
shell out the price. I know that Mark Shneyder, for one, must not be able to
wait until he gets his hands on a copy :-)

(617) 558-4205; Fax (617) 928-4205