Re: The Future of WBCN-- Talk????

If BCN dumps the music, it's going to go down as one of the Dumbest Radio
Moves in Boston market history.  They happen to own their particular niche
(and it's a popular niche among the college students in town), with the
only competition being the relatively weak WFNX signal.  No doubt FNX
will celebrate if it comes to pass, but I wouldn't hold my breath...

Besides, if it does happen, what will Oedi (BCN program director Oedipus)
do?  My sense is that he's definitely a music-oriented guy...

The so-called "Extreme Radio" format might work with *some* of BCN's
current audience, but many are going to be turned off by an all-talk
station.  I know I would be...

Are any of the other CBS/Infinity FM signals in town considered to be
underperformers?  If so, Extreme Radio could go to one of those.  The
question then will be, would they move Stern there too, or keep him on
BCN?

- -Shawn Mamros
E-mail to: mamros@mit.edu