Re: By Definition

>     A consultant is someone who takes the watch off your wrist and tells
>     you the time.
>     A consultant is someone who takes the watch off your wrist and tells
>     you the time.
>

>(No offense intended to any of the fine consultants on our list.)
>
>Roger Kirk
>rogerkirk@usa.net

As a management consultant (25 years this year) and with all due respect, I
was very disappointed to read the erroneous definition of a consultant. This
libelous (blasphemous, even) definition has made the rounds over many years
and is taken as fact by so many people and despite all the effort to stamp
out this lie, there seems to little effect. An apology is definitely
warranted.