Re: WZLX - "I Don't Like Mondays"

>The classic rocker is playing this hit by The Boomtown Rats right now.  In
>light of the "Massacre at Littleton," this is rude.  Maybe somebody called
>and requested it.

Not to belittle yesterday's tragedy in any way, but I don't see what's
so "rude" about playing that song.  The song is precisely about another,
quite similar, earlier tragedy.  Its tone can be off-putting to some,
but it does make a point ("you can see no reasons, 'cause there are
no reasons..." - very apropos, IMO, and something a few folks in the
media really ought to take to heart rather than trying to guess what
was going through the minds of some obviously deranged individuals,
but that's not really a topic for this list...).

If you don't like the song, then I suppose it's bound to be considered
offensive in this situation.  (Then again, I didn't request it either...)

- -Shawn Mamros
E-mail to: mamros@mit.edu