Re: Market Research)

Accoring to the leader of Wild Cherry, Rob Parissi, they were told to go in
the studio and re-record the song after "a station in Boston refused to play
the lyrics 'white boy'". It was recorded with those lyrics changed to "yeah,
funky music"--a version that is available on quite a few compilations today.

By the way, since the topic was market research--does anybody know where a
program like "The Lost 45s" show that I host can land in the Boston market?!
After 4 stations #1 25-54, it looks like no one is willing to 'take the
chance' on a specialty program anymore. This is where all of the thousands of
other 'untested songs' end up. It looks like the end of the show, in this city
at least, is at hand. It can still be heard in over 35 markets across the
country.

Barry Scott
http://www.lost45.com