Re: Market Research

Well, I agree, but I also think it proves how some songs *do* go poof from
oldies airplay.

In WABC's Top 10 on those days, but rarely heard (in my area, anyway) on
oldies
radio:

1. Hello, Dolly! - Louis Armstrong

6. Ronnie - The 4 Seasons (well, if not rare, then it gets less airplay than
any other Top-10 hit from the Seasons

4. 25 Miles - Edwin Starr (haven't heard it in ages)

9. Sweet Cherry Wine - Tommy James & the Shondells (again, gets a lot less
than
their other Top 10 hits)

8. The Lord's Prayer - Sister Janet Mead (just a bit out of most formats today
- - even Christian!)

9. Oh My My - Ringo Starr (most novelty oldies get less play - unless they're
Monster Mash)

7. Disco Nights (Rock-Freak) - GQ (I dunno about your market, but this got
virtually no play in Albany when it was new; national peak was #12, but was a
#1 R&B)

8. I Got My Mind Made Up (You Can Get It Girl) - Instant Funk (ditto; this #1
R&B only peaked at #20 on the pop chart)

At 04:47 AM 4/16/99 -0400, Kevin Vahey wrote:
>Maybe this doesn't prove a thing, but here are links ( I'm being good
>Garrett ) for the top songs from 35, 30, 25, and 20 years ago. (on WABC)
>
>http://www.musicradio77.com/Surveys/1964/surveyapr1464.html
>http://www.musicradio77.com/Surveys/1969/surveyapr1569.html
>http://www.musicradio77.com/Surveys/1974/surveyapr1674.html
>http://www.musicradio77.com/Surveys/1979/surveyapr1779.html
>
>Most of the songs are still heard......on a personal note it is hard to
>believe that Piano Man and Season of the Son are 25 years old (and on the
>same playlist)

Douglas J. Broda
Broda and Burnett
Attorneys at Law