WNTY off / DXing alert

        FYI, WNTY/990/Southington, Conn., signed off at 1700 hours today.
The Spanish that's been on recently except in AM drive seems to be gone for
the moment. The old-fashioned MOR/soft adult contemporary oldies format was
on until signoff.
        When I discovered yesterday about 30 minutes before SS that it was
off, I got a long string of stations not usually heard here--including
stations that I believe were Montreal (now oldies), Phil., a small-town Pa.
station with Pirates play-by-play, and finally WALE.