Re: Market Research

Actually, both become relevant in wartime... the only difference is that
"Ballad of the Green Berets" is lyrically awful. :) [Come to think of it,
I'm not sure how good a song "Eve" was, even if the message is more
palatable to my tastes, and there's a large audience today that isn't
feeling real pacifistic.]

Seriously, that just goes to show how variable music listening can be.
While I don't know a soul who admits to liking "Green Berets," many, MANY
people bought it (#1 for 5 weeks), and while that audience was certainly on
the older end of listenership, some of them are still around, I suspect.

(Aside: I listened to and bought a lot of early 70s songs that few consider
classics -- "Ben," "Afternoon Delight," "Dark Lady," etc. I may rarely
admit that I'd like to hear them on the radio sometimes... but truth be, I
would. Nostalgia and quality don't always go together.)