Re: Anti-monitoring law (Was Re: MARTI)

MikeHemeon@aol.com said:

> In a message dated 4/14/99 4:25:37 PM Central Daylight Time,
> mwaters@mail.wesleyan.edu writes:
>
> << That was the only true benefit of the anti-listening law: The
>  discussion leading to its enactment was amusing. I am afraid, sir, that you
>  live in a country of idiots who use cell phones and cordless phones and
>  then tell their members of Congress >>

Ethical dilemma folks...

If you are monitoring a cell phone conversation and there is talk of
murdering the president or some other person going on...what do/would you
do (politics aside please)?

> Would you risk getting yourself charged with
eavesdropping and try to save a life by going to the police, or would you
remain quiet>

Also would you be imprisoned or would u be commended for saving a life?

- --
Sven Franklyn Weil            "The needs of the many outweigh
<sven@lily.org>                          the needs of the few
<http://www.lily.org/~sven>                      or the one."
                                                     -- Surak