Re: MARTI tech question

>"Marti" systems are licensed as "Remote Pickup Broadcast Stations"
under
>part 74 of the F.C.C. Rules.  To qualify for a license the licensee
must
>be "the licensee of an AM, FM, noncommercial FM, TV, international
>broadcast or low power TV station; broadcast network-entity; or cable
>network entity.  -- 47 C.F.R. 74.432(b).
>
>Bob Smith

(I can predict the answer, but) Are RPU broadcasts still supposed to be
ID'd?  I recall at WJUL (91.5, Lowell) we used to sign-on "KNEA808"
during pre-test to studio, and log off with the calls before dumping the
RPU signal at the end of a remote.  (Obviously, the rpu ID was never
aired over the main signal.)  Even then, we found it highly doubtful
that _anyone_ was monitoring the signal, but it seemed like an easy
enough thing to do at the time (a radio training ground and all).  The
same held true for the Motorola business band 2-ways.  And while you're
at it, Bob, speaking of WJUL, is the former xmtr installation (based at
the studios within the north campus library) still licensed as a
back-up?   (...if that old transmitter could talk.....  </;--{0

Bill O'Neill