Re: Ned French

   Donna Halper wrote:

> Do any of you remember Ned French ("Ned French on the Bench") who had
quite
> a long radio career (beginning in the 40s) at stations in Mass. and NH?
> Bill Buchanan informs me that Ned passed away recently.  He had evidently
> retired  a while back and moved to Florida...  I thought I recalled
hearing
> him do a guest appearance on the air in the 80s..

  I recall waking up to Ned French when he did mornings on WCAP in the
early 70's.I met him once in 1979 when he was working at WVNH Salem NH (now
WNNW). He was doing a remote at Rockingham Park,I believe it was a home
show or something to that effect.Ed McGee,who occasionally lurks on this
list,was PD at WVNH at that time.WVNH went dark in the Summer of 1979,and
returned in 1980, if I recall correctly,under new management.Ned French
returned to WVNH in 1986,doing mornings there for a short time.That was the
last time I heard him on the air. My father recalls hearing him on WORL(now
WROL) in Boston in the 40's. I wasn't aware that Ned had passed away,I
haven't seen any obit in the Boston or Lowell papers.

Mark Watson