Stah Nynee Thavee Seven

Bill writes:
> I'd be cautious not to burn 'em in
>again (rekindling the overplayed embers) as evidenced by the 80s Kiss,
>WHTT (and some 98.5 WROR incarnations) piggybacked with _heavy_ runs on
>the batch of Full Service ACs in Boston.  It's not difficult to forget
>the preponderance of formats in which many of these tracks recurrently
>prevailed <skip> prevailed <skip> prevailed....  They went silent for a
>reason.

It seems to me that in the past few days that they've slowly
expanded their playlist. But, when you hear the same song
three or four times within 12 hours and the same song in
rotation once every two hours, something has to give.

Having not lived through the horrible period of time known as
the '70s, I don't have some of the bad memories which some of
you other folks have. And, I'm not in the target audience but
I have to say I've enjoyed the mix. Ask me two months from now,
and I might give you a different answer.

Sean Smyth
Sports editor, Community Newspaper Company
9 Meriam Street
Lexington, Mass.    02420
Phone: (781) 674-7721
Fax: (781) 674-7735