Re: WBOS--no changes?

Bob Nelson on WBOS:
<snip>I gave them a quick listen;
>they do sound the same as before, although it's
>possible that they may have added more classic
>rock to make up for the Eagle's format change.

It was good to hear the WBOS jocks back on today "back from our spring
break."  WBOS should be thankful for having a new/re-skinned neighbor
next door on the dial (93.7/92.9).  Perception/reality check on WBOS,
the mix 'sounds' a bit more listenable, fatter.  Jocks are calm (in
perspective), processing sounds more relaxed.  (Going for TSLs?)
Havn't heard dial-turners at the office, so far.  Receptionist area
(best/true test) playing it.  Out the left window on the dial, WXRV
(92.5 Haverhill) now contrasts more (as it stays the course) hotter in
terms of music mix as well as competitive loudness (from my Woburn
ofc. loc., anyway.)  This can only help both stations, IMO, to have
more of a distinguishing set of identifiers, especially in light of so
much shared inventory.  Just now (12:30) WBOS liner-ed from a aaa cut
to E. John, "Goodbye Yellow Brick Road."  Odd on paper, but it seems
to have worked.  IMO.

Bill O'Neill