Re: Stop the Narrow-casting

   Bump Martin wrote:
>   We would put up with WRKO playing "Nadia's Theme".....cuz there weren't
17
> other choices for us to fly to.  (There were probably 2-3 choices for
us.)

> Gone are the days of Seguing from the Carpenters "Close to You" to "Derek
> and the Domino's"
Not everywhere!!!! A couple of stations where this may still be possible
are:WIRY(1340)in Plattsburgh NY available on line(www.wiry.com).I listen to
them frequently while on line,in fact as I am typing at this time they just
played"The Joker Went Wild" by Bryan Hyland(top 20 hit from 1966 that I
don't believe Oldies 103.3 ever played) into "Maria" the newest release
from Blondie. And there's WLNG(92.1)Sag Harbor NY(OldHit/New Hit 92) that
plays the gamut also,Last week they played the new Blondie tune referenced
above,next tune"The Ballad of the Green Berets"by SSgt Barry Sadlier(the #1
hit for the year 1966 according to Billboard Magazine)Oldies 103.3 played
that song only once that I know of,a few years back on Memorial Day I
believe.www.wlng.com will enable you to experience this for
yourself.Definitely fun listening if you like to hear songs not heard much
any more.
Mark Watson